As Municipal Manager for Butler Township, Jerry was responsible for the day-to-day operations of all municipal departments and personnel where he:
- Developed personnel policies and procedures manuals
- Computerized financial data including payroll, accounts payable, purchase orders and general ledger
- Implemented records retention and disposition policy, and fixed asset tracking/reporting
- Provided overall management of pension plan assets, actuarial valuations, plan documents and investments
- Coordinated the design and construction of a 20,000-square-foot municipal building
- Gained in-depth experience in road maintenance, recreation, land use and zoning/code enforcement
Jerry has also gained valuable knowledge serving as chairman on a number of boards:
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Butler Area Sewer Authority – The Authority is a sanitary sewage treatment facility that has 40+ employees and an annual operating budget of approximately $7 million.
- Former Chairman of the Butler County Industrial Authority/Corporation – The Authority/Corporation is responsible for assisting new and existing Butler County businesses in obtaining funding through, loans, grants and bond financing. The purpose of the authority is to retain or create jobs within the county.
- Chairman of the Municipal Employers Insurance Trust (MEIT) – MEIT is a fully insured multiple employer group insurance trust.