Current Open Positions
Public Partners can save you time and energy by taking the lead on candidate searches, resume reviews, and interviews. Below is a list of current candidate searches led by Public Partners.
The Municipality of Murrysville, PA, population 21,006 (2020 census), a premier Home Rule community in Southwestern Pennsylvania, 18 miles east of Pittsburgh, is seeking a new Chief Administrator to lead their community into the future, as the current manager is retiring after 14 years of service. Managerial responsibility includes administration of a 2022 General Fund Budget of $9.5 million and $5.1 million in all other funds, leading a dynamic team of municipal employees, resident liaison and daily operation of this vibrant community.
The Mayor and Council are seeking an individual with a passion for local government, who will be able to recognize the needs of a suburban community and continue the current policies and practices established by the current management team.
Requirements for this position include:
- BA/BS degree in Public Administration or related field, from an accredited four-year college or university, with a master’s degree preferred.
- An understanding of Pennsylvania municipal laws; working knowledge of Pennsylvania Home Rule desirable.
- Minimum of five (5) years progressive municipal management experience, with a strong financial background and experience in planning/community development, recreation, public works, police department and emergency management operations.
- Must have a solid managerial background and be an effective communicator with leadership skills to promote a positive image of the community and guide growth in the community.
- Must have experience in personnel issues, including experience with administering Collective Bargaining Agreements, Union negotiations, and human resources best practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and sound administrative skill in technology; ability to relate well to constituency and other government officials.
- Ability to oversee preparation and management of annual and capital budgets, short and long-term planning and project and contract performance.
This position offers competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, three (3) professional references and expected salary range to: email@example.com
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Please click here for the full position description.
The Municipality of Murrysville is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Home Rule Charter residency requirement may be modified for the successful candidate.
AIRPORT MANAGER – BUTLER, PA (KBTP)
The Pittsburgh – Butler Regional Airport (KBTP) located 30 miles north of Pittsburgh, PA in the fastest growing county in Western PA (Butler County) is accepting applications for the Airport Manager position. The Pittsburgh – Butler Regional Airport is a General Aviation Airport and the Airport Manager is the leader of the airport reporting directly to the Butler Airport Authority Board. The Authority is seeking an energetic and creative Airport Manager who is expected to foster a positive atmosphere and relationship with airport stakeholders, employees, residents, various local organizations, local government entities, and others who have relationships with the airport. In addition, the Airport Manager will be responsible for economic development around the airport along with developing and implementing a long-term strategic plan for the Airport. The position will supervise, manage, plan organize, oversee, and perform the operations of maintenance, airport development, administrative activities, personnel management, coordinate with federal, state, and local government entities, implement federal, state, and local regulations, and related work as required. The right candidate will possess the following: Strong communication and negotiation skills, experience with general aviation airport management, FAA AIP grant administration, safety standards, master plans, airport development, leasing, budget development, and management skills. Should have experience in managing partnerships and relationships with FOB’s, Flight Schools, Charter Flying Services and Life-Flight services.
The Airport Manager position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Requires a four-year degree or equivalent experience in related field such as Aviation Management, Business Management/Finance, Communication/Public Relations, or Engineering. Previous Airport Operations experience along with the ability to maintain or obtain certifications as a Certified Airport Executive (CAE) or Accredited Airport Executive (AAE) required. Please refer to Airport Manager Job Duties and Minimum Qualifications at www.butlerairport.com. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled and can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.